Sunday, October 11, 2009

Introducing Decision Week!

The Backyard Mom was in town this weekend, and the two of us spent pretty much the entire weekend running around Austin (like chickens with their heads cut off, as The Backyard Dad would probably say) picking up things for the wedding. We accomplished a lot between getting all the wine and beer and finding lovely accessories to go with The Backyard Mom's beautiful dress.

BUT in our running around, I ended up finding a few new pieces that have left me with some decisions to make regarding my wedding day look. Hence Decision Week! I would be extremely grateful if any readers out there would give me their opinions on some special posts this week showing different options for my wedding day accessories. I've even got my hair trial on Wednesday so hopefully I can post some photos from that too to get y'all's input. Now, I know many of you readers haven't seen my dress since I haven't actually posted a photo of it, but opinions are all welcome.

Before we get started on those decisions, here's one decision I already made. I posted before that we won't be having an official wedding party, which is all fine and good, except that it turns out that some wedding party members are actually needed for tasks like holding the bride's bouquet during the ceremony and holding the rings. Since my dad will be officiating the whole shebang, I hope either my mom or The Backyard Groom's mom will volunteer to hold the rings. And thanks to a $12 impulse buy at Francesca's Collections, we now have a place to put them. Check it out:


It's a small silver ring holder with a heart on it that says "Today, Tomorrow, Always." Fitting for a wedding, right?


Here's a shot with our wedding bands on it.


So now that is taken care of, and we'll be moving on to more Decision Week festivities. Thanks ahead of time for offering your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment