Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Decision Week Day 3: Bridal baubles

In addition to the veil and hair flower, I'll be bringing my jewelry to my hair trial tonight in hopes that she can also weigh in on what will work best with my hair.

I actually never gave much thought about my jewelry until now. When I bought my dress, the bridal consultant at Alfred Angelo talked me into getting a necklace and earring set that she said complimented the dress. I never planned on wearing both together, because that's just a bit too matchy-matchy for my taste, so I figured I would just wear the necklace.

The next time I tried on my dress, I wasn't really digging the necklace look anymore. I'm not sure why; maybe it's because I've always been paranoid about my short neck. And especially once we started tossing around the half-up hair idea, I thought earrings might be the way to go. So I tried on the set that came with the necklace and called it a day. I wasn't in love with them, but I thought they looked nice.


Then when The Backyard Mom and I were hunting for her accessories this weekend at Francesca's Collection, I stumbled across something I liked for me. Yep, another pair of earrings. I like the way they look vaguely vintage.


So, faithful readers, which pair of earrings do you like better?

3 comments:

  1. The first ones are nice...but the second ones ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Plus the second ones match the Backyard Bride's personal style more. :) Can't wait to see the hair trial pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I think I'll definitely go for the second ones. Plus my hair stylist pointed out that the first ones actually have a white pearl and my dress is ivory, so the second ones are better :)

    ReplyDelete