Thursday, October 15, 2009

Decision Week Day 4: Battling indecision

So I know I promised to show y'all photos from my hair trial yesterday, but I don't have anything to show. Why? Well, even though we tried about four different styles, I didn't really like any of them.

What is it about being a bride? Does it raise your expectations to levels that are just too high?

I'm not sure if my problem was that or simply the problem of having fine, thin, shoulder-length hair that is too thin and too short for many bridal 'dos and too fine to hold one lick of curl.

We tried half up and all up, and none of them tickled my fancy.

So what's a girl to do? I paid for my trial and left with reassurances from my stylist (who is exceedingly awesome and not at fault for my meh feelings) that we would figure it out on the wedding day.

I also left with the remnants of a nixed 'do that included some braids on the side (you can see the inspiration if you scroll down about halfway on this post), and when I got home, I asked for The Backyard Groom's opinion. His response? "You look like you're going to a Bob Marley concert." And then I laughed and didn't care so much about the failed trial.

Today I looked through some photos online and came across an updo that I think might actually work for my curl-challenged, thin hair. Check out Mrs. Sea Breeze's DIY updo from Weddingbee a while back. While I don't think I'm capable of doing my own hair, I think I'll bring these photos along on my wedding day. And as an added bonus, I might still be able to incorporate the hair flower from Decision Day 2.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh. I really like this idea for you. I think I would still prefer it on the side, but it looks like Mrs. Sea Breeze's hair is fine like yours. With some serious hairspray I bet you could get a similar effect. Plus I definitely thinking anchoring with a ponytail will make a difference. Totally worth a try with your fab stylist!

    ReplyDelete