Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Decision Week Day 2: What goes on top

Thank you for your input on the shrug situation!

I've got my hair trial tomorrow night, and I'll be bringing along two different hair accessories. Keep in mind, I'll probably be wearing my hair half-up. I won't know for sure until after the trial, but before that, I'd like to get your opinion on the accessories.

First up, we have the veil. I don't have a good photo because I haven't taken it out of the bag it came in yet, but it's ivory, beaded and fingertip length. And here's what it looks like in a plastic bag:


I'm sorry the photo isn't very helpful, but suffice to say, it's a very traditional veil. I know at the very least that I want to wear the veil for the ceremony, but I'll probably be ready to get rid of it by the reception so I can get my bridal boogie on.

So how about replacing it with a hair flower? I know they are one of the biggest trends in weddings right now, and I never really thought about getting one, but I ran across this one at Nordstrom and decided to try it with my dress. And somehow it actually matches really well.

Here is a close-up of the inside of the flower, which I think echoes the pearl and crystal beading of my dress nicely.

What do you think of the hair flower? Is it a good idea or too much of a good thing?

4 comments:

  1. I think that it's Fabulous! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a picture of what the hair flower would like in the hair. As a standalone piece it looks fine, but there's no context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input! I've got my hair trial tonight so hopefully I can get a photo of it in my hair tonight. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so hopefully my phone pics will turn out OK.

    ReplyDelete