Monday, October 12, 2009

Decision Week Day 1: Shrug it off

This weekend was uncharacteristically cold for Austin. We hit the 50s, y'all. Even though it was 90-something on Thursday, the temperature became pretty chilly, which helped remind me that it could very well be cool in November for The Backyard Wedding. So in order to be prepared for that possibility, The Backyard Mom and I went on a hunt for a wrap, shrug or bolero to wear during the reception. I'd seen some boleros I loved on Etsy, but they were way out of my budget.

After hours of shopping, we came up with two contenders, and now I'd love to hear which you like best. As a refresher before you make a decision, my dress is ivory, strapless and beaded with a little lace. It also has a pretty simple shape to it. And I'll be wearing red shoes.

Here is option 1:

It's an ivory shrug made of sweater material with some ruffling. Take a look at the detail below.

Here is option 2:

It's kind of a satiny material with a little shimmer to it and some ruffling as well.

So which do you like best? Any and all opinions would be much appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. My vote goes to the ivory shrug!! That way the red shoes still have a 100% shock value peeking out from under that gorgeous dress! And by the way....did Backyard Mom find a shrug as well?!? Having fun keeping up with the excitement!!! Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm NOT a fan of matching-matching, I have to agree and say the ivory. The red is beautiful but the shimmer/color combo is going to compete with the delicate beading on your dress. The ivory shrug is understated and simple in a lovely way. And like benoitmm said, the red shoes will pop more.

    But throw that red shrug over a little black dress on the honey moon and you've got a killer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna agree with everything said above. The red one is lovely, but I feel like it might take away from the dress (and the awesome shoes) more than enhance it. That being said, are you planning on keeping both? 'Cause it might be easier to make a day-of decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. I vote the ivory as well. The red is really pretty, and I agree with Rachel that keeping it is a good idea, but you can't have anything overpowering your amazing dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's unanimous! Thank you so much for your opinions, ladies! I really appreciate it. I think I'll probably keep them both since the red one was a cheap find at Forever 21, but I'll plan on wearing the ivory one if it gets chilly that evening.

    ReplyDelete