Friday, October 2, 2009

Mrs. Pam Halpert!

The wedding I'm most looking forward to this fall other than my own is of course Jim and Pam's on "The Office." I may have even teared up a little last night during the preview for next week's wedding episode (I'm blaming PMS). And look, their wedding made the cover of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly:


In last night's episode, Pam received a check as a wedding present from co-worker Kevin and it was made out to Mrs. Pam Halpert, instead of her maiden name of Beesly. When she realized it was the first time that she'd seen her new name in writing, she got really excited.

I feel the same way. I know it's a deeply personal decision and kind of a hot-button issue, but I can't wait to change my last name to The Backyard Groom's.

I love my family, and I'm deeply proud and grateful to be my parents' daughter. But, honestly, I just think changing your last name when you get married is so romantic. Yes, it even makes me swoon a bit when I think about my new name, and I've already reserved my new email address and domain name.

What do you think about last name changes? Or are you excited to watch Jim and Pam tie the knot?

No comments:

Post a Comment