Sunday, October 18, 2009

Decision Week Day 5: Blue over blue

Thank you all so much for your opinions and advice throughout Decision Week. I've got one final open-ended question for you guys today. But first, a recap.

Back in May, I posted confidently that I had all my "somethings" figured out, from the old and new to the borrowed and blue. Turns out, I was a bit overconfident.

When I went to get my dress altered late this week, I brought all my undergarments, including my blue "Bride" Hanky Panky thong. With my dress on in front of a full length mirror, I felt giddily bridal. It was fabulous. And then I turned around to admire the back and the pinned French bustle and saw a peek of blue just above my bum. I turned to the seamstress, "Um, can you see the blue through the dress?" She answered, "Oh definitely, but these aren't what you're going to wear on the day of, right?" Um, er, right.

So now do I not only need to get a nude Hanky Panky thong (which I've been wanting to do anyway since I've started purchasing a rainbow of Hanky Panky thongs), but I've also got to figure out my something blue. With three weeks to go. Yikes!

With most of my accessories already determined, what's an easy way for me to get my blue in that won't distract from my overall look? Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, blue hankerchiefs are always a nice way to go, like you could wrap your bouquet with one; or some nice blue ribbon. Could you get a blue flower painted on one of your toes when you get your pedi? What color is your garter? Would a blue one show through too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think the blue ribbon would look OK with red flowers? I'm a little worried about that. But I like the blue flower on the pedicure idea? The garter The Backyard Groom's mom bought me is ivory, but I think it might be too bulky for my dress so I may not even wear it. I found these blue rhinestone shoe appliques that are pretty cute too: http://www.weddingbycolor.com/savillon/milestones/74305
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rhinestones are cute! (It would make a cute wedding day photo too, showing those off)

    Lesser ideas...

    Blue polish on the toenails? (I can't remember if the red shoes are opened toed or not – if they're open toes...nevermind)

    Or a blue temporary tattoo...strategically situated to not be seen.

    The rhinestones are nice, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm freaking loving the shoe appliques. What a great photo op too!

    ReplyDelete