Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A wedding and a party without a wedding party

Because The Backyard Wedding will be so small, only our closest friends are invited. Those same friends would without a doubt be the ones we would want to include in a wedding party, but when you're having a guest list of 20, it seems a bit ridiculous for half of those guests to be included in the wedding party. Then we'd have no guests left but our family (several of whom already will be involved in the ceremony in other ways).

Even though we won't be having a traditional wedding party, I still wanted to tell my friends how special they are to me and how much I appreciate that they will be using valuable vacation days and hard-earned money to come watch me wed. Since I wouldn't be asking them to be bridesmaids, I thought I would ask them to be non-bridesmaids instead. A very crucial component of being a non-bridesmaid involves not wearing anything like the ladies below.


Luckily for me, they all accepted! Even though they won't be wearing matching dresses (ugly or otherwise), my ladies will be there supporting me and shaking their booties with me, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. In case you were wondering, your non-bridesmaids WOULD wear those dresses if you asked them to. (Thank you for not asking – those blue getups are...special.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I had gone the Vegas route, I would have demanded the non-bridesmaids wear the lovely gold lame getups. They're pretty well suited for that (and not much else).

    ReplyDelete