Friday, October 23, 2009

Putting on my bridal face

Earlier this month, I talked about my wedding day make-up and how I wasn't sure if I'd go the pro route or do a department store counter DIY tutorial. Well, during my hair trial, my stylist talked up the new make-up artist at the salon, and I just couldn't resist booking a trial to see if having someone else apply my make-up was worth it.

After my trial, I can confidently say it's worth it, if only because it's so blissfully relaxing to shut your eyes, face away from a mirror and let someone else take care of the dirty work for you. And I'm pretty pleased with the results. I didn't end up bringing my inspiration pictures along with me (oops) but I feel like the look I got is similar.

What do you think?


I liked it, and while The Backyard Groom loved the eyes, he thought the lips were a wee bit intense, probably because he's never seen me in red lipstick before. I'm pretty much a neutral gloss kind of gal, so he took another photo of me wearing some neutral gloss.


Sorry about the goofy face. I was tired of smiling at this point, as you can probably tell by my strained smile below.

So which look do you like best - bright lips or low-key gloss?

5 comments:

  1. Low key. The bright red competes with your eyes (which are done up quite nicely), whereas the second look is pretty, AND the attention goes right to your eyes. The angled bangs help draw attention to your eyes too. Will they be a feature in the look on the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm a fan of the red lips, but the more neutral glossy look is definitely more "Backyard Bride" style. Plus I agree with Rachel that it enhances your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll agree with the crowd again; I like the red, but the neutral gloss feels more like you and definitely plays up the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both of them...but agree with the rest, especially since one of the rest is the groom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! Low-key lips it is, but maybe I'll pick up the red anyway for the Hen Night!

    ReplyDelete