Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waaaaay More Than 27 Dresses

This past weekend I visited The Backyard Mom and Dad with the sole mission of dress shopping. Well, The Backyard Dad didn't plan on doing any dress shopping, but after hours and hours of fitting rooms and dresses, my mom and I begged him to accompany us to Macy's at 9 on Saturday night to help us with a crucial decision. And by the time the store closed, my mom had finally bought the perfect dress for The Backyard Wedding.


Isn't she one hot Backyard Mom? She also found the perfect shoes (backyard-friendly silver wedges!) to go with the perfect dress, but they had to be shipped from a different store, so that's why the photo purposely omits her feet.

I also emerged from the weekend with the perfect dress. Presenting The Backyard Wedding Dress:


Ha! Since The Backyard Groom (infrequently) reads this blog, I couldn't risk posting a photo of the actual dress. As you can tell from its temporary home, it came from Alfred Angelo, and despite being everything I thought I didn't want (strapless and beaded), it makes me swoon and feel unbelievably bridey. I tried taking a close-up photo of it that wouldn't show off the actual dress, but I couldn't get my camera to focus because of all the lovely light-reflecting beads.

I also purchased a veil and a bustier (also known as a longline bra) to go underneath it. Can I just say that bustiers are awesome? They hoist the good parts up and keep the rest locked up tight. I kind of want to wear it everyday.

My visit also gave me a chance to finally meet my cake topper face to face. Look at this dapper couple:


I can't wait to see them on the cake on the big day, but I know they won't be outshining my mom and me in our two beautiful dresses.

How long did it take your mom to find the perfect dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment