Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catching up

After the flurry of posts during Decision Week, I took a break from blogging to get some wedding-related tasks done. So now I'm playing catch-up.

First up, we got our marriage license! Woohoo! I should have thought to take a photo of us standing outside the non-descript office of the Travis County Clerk but I forgot. Oops. The day we got our marriage license also marked the day that we had our very first date six long years ago. I thought that was some nice symmetry.

Next, there have been alterations galore! The Backyard Groom's suit completed its round of alterations, while I (finally) took my dress in for my first fitting. I have to admit that when I was standing in front of a full-length mirror with my dress pinned into place and my red shoes on, I may have gotten a little giddy. I just felt so much like a bride. Between the stress of planning and everything else, I think it's good to get a little reminder of that feeling every once in a while.

Then I had a bridal shower. And it wasn't just any bridal shower, but a lingerie shower. With my old-coworkers. Including my male superiors. Which was admittedly a little awkward and untraditional, but it was still a great time including three of my favorite things: pizza, cake and gorgeous lingerie! I was fully expecting to get something bedecked in pink maribou feathers, but everything I got was beautiful and soft. I can't wait to bring it all on the honeymoon. And they gave me a bouquet of pink roses that have been making my apartment smell lovely all week.

Finally, last night, I had my make-up trial. I'd hemmed and hawed over having my make-up done and ultimately decided to give a formal run-through a try. I loved having my make-up applied. It felt really relaxing, so I think for me it's worth the $45 if only to make things a little less stressful on the big day. I took pictures of the results because I need your opinion on some lip options so I'll be posting those soon.

Thanks again for participating in Decision Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment