Monday, May 25, 2009

Borrowed & Blue

Not much about our wedding will be traditional, but I do want to have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue when I walk down The Backyard Aisle. So far, I've only showed you my something old. My something new will be the dress, and I've already got my borrowed and blue things picked out too.

In an earlier post, I talked about how I'm inspired by my parents' marriage. The Backyard Mom and I were talking about how I had everything planned out but the borrowed thing. She offered for me to borrow her original wedding band (they bought new ones about 10 years ago after The Backyard Dad's was stolen), which seemed like the perfect idea to both of us. It's a simple white gold band, as you can see below.



I felt weird about wearing another wedding band when I would be getting my own that day, so we wanted to come up with another way to incorporate it into my wedding day get-up. She had the brilliant idea of tying it to my bouquet. Since I plan on making my bouquet myself (note to self: keep practicing!), it should be easy to tie it on with some ribbon before I walk down the aisle. Here's a photo I found on Google images that shows how I'd like the ring and the ribbon to look.


I think that would be a nice way to pay tribute to my parents.

My something blue is not nearly as sentimental. I love the idea of wearing blue shoes (one of my non-bridesmaids had the cutest pair at her wedding), but I really want to wear a pair of red peep-toe pumps that The Backyard Groom gave me for my birthday last year. I was trying to think of other fun ways to add some blue, when I discovered this.



Hanky Panky makes this light blue thong with "Bride" spelled out in little crystals. It's just so adorable that as soon as I saw it, I had to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment