Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Red Hot Bride

I don't know if it's a Texas thing or what, but usually the second question I get about my wedding (following the big dress question) is "What are your colors?" My response usually goes along the line of "Erm, well, uh, we're not really having colors." Most people are polite enough to not outright say that I'm crazy, but I can usually read a "WHAAAT?" in their faces.

If we were having a bridal party, monogrammed napkins, table runners and programs, then I could understand the need for a unifying color scheme. But really the only color I've ever seen when I've imagined my wedding is the color of candlelight. The candle jars and the twinkle lights can handle that for me, so I haven't really thought much about any other colors.

Well, that's not quite true. Ever since we got engaged, I hopped on the brightly colored bridal shoe bandwagon of 2009 and decided to wear some spiffy red BCBG peeptoes that The Backyard Groom gave me for my last birthday. Check these babies out:


If you're thinking, "Wow, The Backyard Groom has fabulous taste in shoes," I should probably say that I picked them out. So now you can say, "Wow, The Backyard Bride has fabulous taste in shoes." Thank you.

After deciding on the red shoes (which saved money since I already owned them), I decided that maybe a red bouquet was the way to go. So I practiced with some red carnations. It didn't come out perfectly, but I'm ready to try and try again. Here's a photo of my creation that manages to hide most of its terribleness:



But other than these two things, I doubt there will be any other flashes of red in our wedding, unless they come from a tube of lipstick. So I'm having some color without having "colors."

Anyone else decide not to pick official colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment