Monday, August 10, 2009

Bridal Boogie Shoes

I showed you my red hot shoes I'd like to pair with my wedding dress. As much as I love them, I'm doubtful that I'll be able to handle dancing much in them, especially on the flagstone patio that will serve as our makeshift dance floor. I haven't yet decided if I'll chuck them after the ceremony and photos or else try to persevere until the pain gets to be too much. (The things we girls do to look good...)

Whenever I do change out of them, I'll need something comfortable to put on. Brides in flip flops have become more and more common, but I'm not sure I want to go that route, both for fear of getting stepped on and also because it may actually, shockingly be relatively cold in Texas by November.

So I'm sort of toying with the idea of changing into the most expensive shoes I own. No, they're not Louboutins or Manolos. They're my Lucchese cowboy boots.



I love my cowboy boots, but before you get the wrong idea about me, let me clarify that I'm not really the typical Texan cowboy boot wearer. I don't know how to do the "Electric Slide" and neither "Boot Scootin' Boogie" nor any other country song will appear on our wedding playlist. So my musical tastes don't exactly align with my footwear tastes.

Knowing that I won't be two-stepping, do you still think I can pull off the boots and bridal couture look? Or should I opt for something more traditional, like a nice pair of ballet flats? Come to think of it, I do have a cute red pair...

1 comment: