Monday, July 20, 2009

I wanna put on my-my-my-my-my boogie shoes

Just to boogie with you :)

We're planning on having an iPod reception in The Backyard with one of The Backyard Groom's friends acting as our DJ/MC. Our dance floor will be a flagstone patio, not the smoothest surface for dancing but hopefully our smooth operators will be able to make do.

The best part about rocking out to an iPod instead of an actual DJ or band (besides the fact that it's FREE) is that we get to handpick every song. But as Spiderman knows, with great power comes great responsibility. If our playlist fails to inspire happy guests and at least a little dancing, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.

Of course, I'll be so blissfully happy to become Mrs. Backyard Groom that I'll be able to dance to anything. But the rest of our guests may need a little encouragement. We've got an interesting mix of our families and people our age so we want some songs that will appeal to both groups.

At the same time, we don't want a boring old playlist. For example, The Backyard Groom and I have been to a lot of weddings and events recently and are pretty tired of "Shout," "YMCA" and "Celebrate." But, as you can tell by my header, I'd like it to include "Boogie Shoes."

Any iPod brides out there care to share how they picked out their playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment