Thursday, August 6, 2009

The horror!


I hope I'm not the only bride going through this, but I've had recurring nightmares lately about the wedding. They all have the same basic premise: I wake up, I realize it's the day of our wedding and then panic when I remember that we haven't finished planning and are missing crucial elements. Like the groom, who had to be out of town for work. Or the ceremony, because I never wrote it. Or my dress, because the seamstress never finished the alterations. All key things. Hence the panic.

With less than 100 days to go, the finish line of this wedding planning thing is actually looming on the horizon. It's both terribly exciting and a little bit stressful. Even with our short engagement, we've been in somewhat of a holding period because the wedding seemed months and months away, and we kept telling ourselves that everything could be put off until closer to time. Well, we're closer to time now, and the calendar says it's time for us to get busy. We still have several important wedding components to check off before the big day.

Who knew a wedding planning wake-up call could be so scary? Have you had any wedding related nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment