Friday, August 14, 2009

Un Repondez S'il Vous Plait Vert et Bon Marche


Did I impress you with my rusty college French? I'm pretty sure it's wrong so don't be too impressed.

For non-Francophones, I'm talking about our RSVPs, which I hope will be both green (toward the planet, not in color) and cheap. However, I've noticed throughout this wedding planning process that there is another factor that overrides both budget and environmental concerns. That factor? Etiquette. Sadly, I feel like many members of our generation, including me, are uneducated when it comes to basic etiquette. Blame e-mail. And the Internet. It just makes things too easy and cheap for us, to the point where snail mail seems both inefficient and expensive.

Right now, Non-Bridesmaid C is pulling double duty as a member of my non-bridal party and as a friendor designing our invitations. The designs she's come up with have been AWESOME so I can't wait to see the final product.

One of the things I've got to figure out before that product can become final is how our guests will RSVP for The Backyard Wedding. There are many different options:

The option that makes most sense to me is e-mail. All of our guests are proficient in e-mail. It's free. It doesn't kill any trees. I won't have to worry about additional postage or anything getting lost in the mail. Plus it opens the lines of communication, in case our guests need help with hotel accommodations or have any other questions about our non-traditional nuptials.

But would Emily Post approve? This is what concerns me.

What do you think about e-mail RSVPs? Tacky or trendy?

No comments:

Post a Comment