Sunday, May 31, 2009

We have a cake!

It was only our second tasting, but The Backyard Bride and Groom have found their dream cake. And we put down a deposit for our date! Yay!

This tasting was at Blue Note Bakery in South Austin. Angi had quite a spread prepared for us of different cake flavors, frostings and fillings. I was so excited to dig in that I forgot to take a photo before, but here is a photo that shows the VERY few leftovers.


It was all delicious and choosing seemed impossible, but finally we decided on American buttercream frosting and marscapone cream filling (it tastes like a mix of Bavarian cream and vanilla pudding) for both tiers. The bottom 10-inch tier will be a Honduran vanilla cake, and the top six-inch tier will be Red Velvet. Yum.

I also wish I had snapped a photo of the sketch Angi worked up for our cake. The buttercream frosting will be ivory with small pearls around the base of the cake. Of course, we'll be using The Backyard Mom and Dad's cake topper. Then the bottom of the cake will have a red ribbon to match my DIY red carnation bouquet. It will be simple, exactly what I wanted.

The best part was how reasonable her prices were. After seeing photos of her previous work, I was convinced she would be way out of our price range, but she surprised us.

The icing on the cake? (Sorry. I couldn't resist.) Angi names all of her creations and has dubbed ours Marscapone Happiness. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment