Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's Get Physical

With less than four months to go until The Backyard Wedding, I've realized that if I'm going to try to tone up and slim down a little, I've got to do it now. November felt so far away for so long, but the four month-mark was a big wake-up call.

Ideally on my wedding day in my wedding dress, I'd prefer my middle to look less like this:


And more like this:


Honestly, I am a bit too lazy and too content to change my current eating habits (which include the occasional drink and dessert, sometimes even at the same meal). I've done diets in the past (including one from an infomercial that The Backyard Groom and I suffered through together for six excruciating days) but I could never really make them stick. And I don't really want the run up to our wedding day full of margarita-abstaining torture.

Instead I'm going to listen to Fergie and spend more time being up at the gym just working on my fitness. (And hopefully becoming The Backyard Bridealicious.)

At the gym, I stick to group classes because they're just about the only thing that can keep me motivated, but after a long workday, sometimes I just really want to go home, watch old episodes of "Buffy" and let her slayer training sessions with Giles count as both our workouts for the day.

But now with a wedding dress to fit into, that's simply not good enough. For the past few months, I've been a slacker of a gym goer so I'm hoping to increase my weekly trips to a minimum of four. That's a start.

So, does anybody have any motivation tips they want to share so The Backyard Bride can wed without worrying about The Backyard Belly?

2 comments:

  1. I became so much more motivated when the soon to be hubby joined me in my gym trips. Ask the backyard groom if he'd go with you. You don't have to work out together, just make the trip there together! Also, find a regular time in the week to weigh yourself (whether it be once a week or 3-7 times a week), it's a quick reminder of your goal and how much it means to you. If the hubby doesn't want to go, find another gym buddy! Good Luck! With my wedding in less than 75 days I am feeling the crunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Camille! I think asking The Backyard Groom to tag along is a good idea. He didn't want to join when I did, but there are some free days coming up so maybe he'll like it so much he'll join until the wedding. And I've never been good at weighing myself consistently, but I know you're right that it helps. Good luck with your bridal crunch too!

    ReplyDelete