Thursday, July 9, 2009

Adventures in Man Jewelry: Episode I

Unlike many other bridal bloggers, I haven't really mentioned much about our budget. Why not? Well, we don't really have one. I don't mean that in a "money is no object, bring on the swans and ice sculptures" kind of way, but in the very real way that neither The Backyard Groom nor I have any real savings to devote to the wedding, so we're pretty much trying to pull off this backyard shindig as cheaply as possible and crossing our fingers that it doesn't look that cheap.

One of the many things that The Backyard Groom and I have really lucked out on financially has been our rings. As I posted before, the diamond in my engagement ring was from my mom's engagement ring, which she generously gave to us, and my wedding band belonged to The Backyard Groom's late grandmother, so I got it for the bargain basement price of free.

Now that both my rings have been taken care of, we've begun to look for one for The Backyard Groom, who I'm pretty sure has never worn any kind of jewelry in his entire life. I've never been a big fan of man jewelry aside from wedding rings and possibly class rings, and he feels the same. So where do we turn for this all-important purchase? Amazon, of course!

Actually, The Backyard Groom got his finger sized when I stopped by a jewelry store to get my engagement ring cleaned, but he never tried any rings. Armed with his size and some advice from a friend that novice male ring wearers should stick to "comfort fit" styles, we started browsing online. We both liked titanium for its look, durability and ridiculously cheap price. He narrowed down his choices to three, and since the most expensive checked in at $54.99, we decided to order all three and return the ones he doesn't like.

Here are the three he chose:






In a way, it feels too easy to make such an important purchase online and at such a great price, no less. I feel like there's got to be a catch of some sort, so here's hoping the rings look as nice as they do in the photos and fit his finger to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment