Thursday, May 21, 2009

Since a veil will only cover part of it...

My hair and I have only recently found peace with each other. Before that our relationship was always a little rocky, mostly because it's so gosh darn stubborn. It insists on being thin, limp, fine and mousy and refuses to hold a curl regardless of how many chemicals or heating devices I apply to it.

Honestly, I'm a wee bit stubborn too, so for most of my life I've been trying to turn it into something it's not. Last year when I was in a friend's wedding, I found a stylist who knew just what I needed: blonde highlights for body and a blunt bob for the illusion of thickness. We added bangs to give it some sass, and now I can finally say that most of my days are good hair days, relatively speaking.

Because this above-the-shoulders 'do works so well for me, I don't plan on growing my hair out for the wedding. I still would like to wear it up, probably low (I tend to associate higher updos with prom), in a soft, small chignon or bun. Like this:

(source)

I sort of casually started looking at the celebrity inspiration photos on Project Wedding and came across Nicole Richie, who was sort of my hair inspriation for the blonde and banged bob I have now. I love this look, but it might be a little messy for a wedding.



This one of Elisha Cuthbert is similar, but neither shows the back.


I saw this one of a real bride, and it looks very pretty from the side. I love the hair flower too.



And then I came across this one of Michelle Williams, in what is pretty much my favorite red carpet look ever, from the makeup to the dress and especially the hair.


So now I'm wondering, am I starting a fight with my hair again by looking at these pictures? Because I really want us to be friends on my wedding day.

My stylist said we would start playing with updos at my next cut, so I think I'll be bringing some of these photos along as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment