Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hi. My name is The Backyard Bride, and I'm obsessed.

That's right, folks. I am coming clean. I am obsessed with wedding blogs.

I know, right? I never thought I would be that girl, the one who thinks about her wedding all the time, especially because our wedding is going to be so teeny tiny. I never thought I would care about other people's weddings. And by other people's weddings, I mean the matrimonial festivites of perfect strangers. I can't get enough of their pictures and ideas and DIY projects. And the dresses. Oh, the dresses.

Honestly, I thought reading wedding blogs and creating my own was just a way to help pass the time at my less-than-satisfying former job. But now that I've got a new job, one that is actually creatively compelling and doesn't provide time for online wedding obsession, I realize when I get home at the end of the day how much I miss looking at all those pretty pictures and reading about all that hopeful happiness.

And with that, I'm off to get my daily fix. Even though it's coming a few hours later than usual.

3 comments: