Thursday, June 4, 2009

Learning to Fly

The Backyard Groom and I LOVE to travel. Like most 20-somethings starting out in creative fields, our budget is pretty small, but we manage to devote a good chunk of it to seeing new places and revisiting our favorites.

In fact, when The Backyard Groom proposed, we were on a trip to Italy, which gave The Backyard Groom a chance to snap some gorgeous photos, like the one below of Venice's Grand Canal taken from the Rialto Bridge at sunset.


The only hitch in our traveling giddy-up is that lately I've developed a bit of a fear of flying. I've never been a huge fan of flying, but it didn't seem to freak me out so badly before. I'm pretty sure it dates back to a less-than-smooth return flight from Las Vegas last year and a few other bumpy trips since. The tragic situation with the Air France flight earlier this week also hasn't helped. Of course, I feel terrible for all the families who lost their loved ones, but on a completely selfish level, it has me really nervous to take any more transatlantic flights. Or, if I'm really honest, any flights period.

That becomes enough of a problem when you're a travel nut, and even more of one when you're a travel nut in the midst of planning a honeymoon. We were pretty much set on somewhere in Europe, but now I'm having second thoughts. Not to mention, we have a weekend getaway in the coming weeks that involves a plane trip I'm already dreading.

Any other nervous nellies out there worried about flying? Got any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment