Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A truly blushing bride

This might sound strange coming from someone who is devoting an entire blog to planning her wedding, but it makes me kind of uncomfortable when people ask me about the wedding.

I'm a pretty shy and private person (which is one of the reasons I like the anonymity of blogging,) so when people I don't know that well ask me about wedding plans, I tend to get all flustered and embarrassed. Then my face turns bright red, and to make matters worse, my answers usually involve lots of 'uhhs' and 'umms' and other stammering.

Call me overly self-conscious, but I'm afraid people might interpret my reaction as a lack of enthusiasm for or attention to planning the wedding, when the actual truth is quite the opposite. The people that I'm closest to, the ones I have no problem babbling on and on about my wedding to, can attest to that.

The fact that the attention of being a bride makes me uncomfortable helps convince me more than ever that The Backyard Groom and I made the right decision by choosing a smaller wedding. This way we can be our goofy selves, and the only blush I'll have to worry about on my wedding day will be the kind applied with a brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment