Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Memory Keepers

When The Backyard Wedding fiiiiiinallly gets here, I want plenty of different ways to document the day and all that comes after. I've heard so many brides say that the day just passes by in a blur, and with such a small wedding, I don't think we're in much danger of getting receiving line amnesia, but I want to take precautions anyway. I've already posted about photo books, which we'll definitely be making and serve as a good solution for any fears of forgetfulness.

Recently The Backyard Groom's sweet grandmother gifted me with a traditional wedding memory book. It's ivory, which makes me happy because it matches my dress, and it's also got room for all kinds of details inside, from detailed descriptions of the courtship (love that word!) to a place for all the guests to sign. I hadn't really thought much about guestbooks before I got the memory book, so at least we don't have to worry about that now. Here's a photo of the book's cover:


That takes care of the wedding day, but I'd like to do something special to chronicle our early days as newlyweds. Enter the most ingenious gift ever, courtesy of Non-Bridesmaid R. It's perfect for a pair of movie fans, concertgoers and travelers like The Backyard Groom and me. I give you the Ticket Stub Diary:


Each page has different sized spaces to insert ticket stubs, complete with a margin to put notes about each ticket stub.

It's such a simple yet awesome concept that I can't believe no one thought of it before. She picked it up in a boutique on the East Coast, but I bet someone craftier than me could try for a DIY version.

How will we fill its pages? Well, The Backyard Groom has kept all his movie ticket stubs since high school, but I've only kept up with really important ones. To balance that out, I think we'll start putting stubs in the book right after we say "I do" and thus making our Tokyo honeymoon and all that comes after it fair game.

What are some other good ways to chronicle your wedding and your early days as newlyweds?

No comments:

Post a Comment