Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Confessions of an Obsessive Bride

The Backyard Wedding may not be flush with all the details worthy of a spread in Martha Stewart Weddings, and I'm more than happy to dismiss The Knot essentials like programs and table numbers without a fleeting second thought. But just because our wedding is small doesn't mean I can't be as obsessive about certain details as big-wedding brides. Maybe it's just that the aspects of the wedding I get caught up in are a little different.

Take last Friday. We were all set to take our engagement photos that evening outside Austin's historic Paramount Theatre. Well, we were all set except I still had no idea what I was going to be wearing. What's an obsessive bride to do? Why, have their indulgent fiance take photos of them in 13 different outfits the night before, of course! And then run home in the driving rain on their lunch break to finagle taking a photo of themselves to add one last-minute option to the mix. Then send all 14, yes, 14, photos to family, friends and family friends (Thanks, M.A. and H.!) and frantically beg for their opinions.

Yep, that's how I spent all day Friday. When I was at work. And supposed to be working. Oops.

And then, as is the custom with the very best-laid plans, our engagement session didn't quite work out the way we had intended. The driving rain on my lunch break hadn't let up by the evening and ended up lasting through most of the weekend. After a ridiculous scorcher of a summer here in Austin, I was thrilled for the rain (although I hope Weddingbee blogger and fellow Austinite Miss Mouse still managed to have a beautiful wedding day), but because of the wet weather, we had to cut our engagement session seriously short and spend most of it planning our shots around the intermittent downpours.

Also, my hair frizzed out so big that I doubt you'll even notice which of the 14 outfits made the cut.

We should get the photos sometime this week from our friendor photographer, and if I don't look like a drowned rat, I'll post a few. In the meantime, I'll get back to reading wedding blogs and figuring out what I'm going to obsess about next.

Wait, I mean I'll get back to work. Right.

What do you obsess about?

No comments:

Post a Comment