Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tailor Made

I have so many more wedding things and photos to blog about, but I'll probably hold off on most things until after the big day. But just in case any other Austin brides out there are in need of a tailor, I wanted to offer a quick review of mine.

In early October, I was eagerly following fellow Austinite A Bride...Again's tailoring tales. She graciously sent me emails detailing her experiences with her tailor after her initial glowing review inspired me to contact her. Over the next couple of weeks, she had to deal with some bumps, which she is now detailing on her blog, so I decided to look for someone else.

After searching for bridal alterations on Yelp, I came across Nelda's Tailors, which was not only highly rated, but also less than five minutes from my office. My experience with Nelda's was great. I brought my dress in with only three weeks to go until the wedding, and they still finished all the alterations with more than a week to spare. I had the bust taken in, the hem shortened (tricky business with beaded organza) and an absolutely gorgeous French bustle put in, all for half the price of what Alfred Angelo had quoted me for alterations.

So for any Austin brides out there, I highly recommend Nelda's Tailors on Airport Blvd. In fact, I think I'll be taking all my post-wedding married clothes there to be altered as well.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your GOOD experience! And thanks for linking back to my blog too...

    I'll be sure to take Norma OUT and put Nelda IN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to send you greetings from Canada and the warmest wishes ever!! What an exciting time in your life!! Looking forward to the "post-blog"!! (Give the Backyard Mom a big hug from me...she's so excited as well!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, my favorite Canadian reader! I will definitely give The Backyard Mom a big hug for you!

    ReplyDelete